Wednesday, October 03, 2007

MIXING FINANCES AND PASTA

Today I had a meeting with my financial advisor, a man of great interest to me, and to my retirement. I got into his Melville office at about 11:45 am; he invited me to sit down and had a report ready for me to read. His words were: “you took in more than you took out, congratulations, ready for a little lunch?”

Being an Italian like me, any celebration is followed by food, and of course, it was Italian food, of the finest quality. We went to a little place in Melville and sat down, after a cramped ride in his little sports car. It is reassuring that he is doing so well, since he is doing it on my dollars to some part, and he is an honest man that I know for about 8 years now.

We tend to exchange experiences and adventures in life, and as we did, he mentioned his trip to Las Vegas, and how life has passed him by, being he is 46 years old. The babes in Las Vegas all extremely young and beautiful while the lines to get into a little place for a drink are long and the ownership selective. He said he felt like he was out of the game, or the game was over. I reminded him that the game was over long ago when he said: “I do” then went ahead and did it anyway.

Being how I mysteriously grew older since my wedding day, I have often envied the younger fellows, unmarried and alone, going home to an empty place, with no one to listen or talk to. It is at that point that I realize how lucky I really am to be bossed around by someone. To be able to share a meal, a TV show, a joke or a cup of tea. Hey, it is the good life indeed.

Don’t you be bossed around by DelBloggolo, write a scathing comment to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: