Wednesday, October 17, 2007

OFF I GO

I’ll be taking a few days off this week, and will be back at it on Monday. The reason being is I will be away in Albany on some business until Saturday.

One of the things I love about these trips is the hotel always provides a restaurant and bar on the premises, and therefore I can stay up as late as I wish, and not care about driving. I mean, if I start crawling around, I won’t get run over, at least I’ll be in the hotel, maybe not in my room, but on the premises.

One of the problems that always plague me is the fact that I usually can’t sleep the first night in the strange bed. Try as I might, I can’t drift off. This time I plan to get up and dress, and go down to the lobby and have a drink to help me sleep if I can. The reason I have trouble is usually I get to my room about 10:30 pm, after a meeting in which I am all charged up.

I will be with other board members, and being old fogies, they will be asleep at the meeting, never mind getting them to go for a drink.

Usually there are a couple of dinners I attend, then boring speeches, then to a conference room for some heavy duty meeting. Fighting sleep as it creeps up, I will be immersed in papers, ballots and arguments, as people will line up behind a microphone to voice their views to the dais.

By Saturday night I will be out of steam, and filled with lots of stories, observations and maybe chuckles to bring to the table on Sunday or Monday.

See you then.

No comments: