Monday, October 29, 2007

WHY I ASK #2 SON THE MIME


Every now and then I get brave and try to have a conversation with #2 Son. This of course presents certain kinds of risks, one of which is learning something I ‘m sorry I learned, from his vast mental storehouse of facts. Of course these facts are original in concept, and beyond any normal adult’s comprehension.

I could give you examples, but then you would have your day ruined too. Although the information is not critical in and of itself, one might wonder how he ever came upon such conclusions and evidence to “substantiate” the facts.

#2 Son was always a free thinker, free spirit and fun loving free-for-all individual who has not only marched to his own drummer, but has more often than not, created and his own parade. Standing on the sidelines, watching the parade go by, has often left me wondering what it is I witnessed.

This is not a criticism of #2, but actually an admiration for creative thinking, unusual and interesting points of view, that often leave me proud, if not on the floor, secretly laughing my guts out.

Most conversations start off with a question, which leads to his answer, which in turn leads to another question, which leads to exasperation on either his part or mine. An explanation is then in order, and an assessment of me and my generation is then presented and I am left wondering, what the hell just happened.

TLW (The Little Woman) better understands him, and somehow can cadge the beast from running completely wild. Age is indeed catching up with him, as he is becoming more of an adult. I just hope that his zest for life doesn’t ever leave, because the world should really experience it at least once.

No comments: