Tuesday, December 18, 2007

T’WAS THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS…

And as usual, there is no time for anything, let alone Christmas. I’m using Christmas and NOT Holiday here, because I’m Christian, even though I don’t act it sometimes.

I went shopping this morning for TLW (The Little Woman), and I got to the store at 7:10 AM! I’ve never been in a store at that hour before. I’ve been in donut shops, deli and restaurants for breakfast, but never a retail store.

Shopping for TLW is a serious time for me. I have to always have a plan, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Every year, it’s: “Don’t spend a lot on me” as she instructs me to go easy on her for Christmas. I of course am of the other mind to do what I want, and be as lavish as possible for the girl I love.

At least I can sleep from now until next Thanksgiving, having gotten TLW her presents!

I never know for sure if she will like my gift, but I know she will tell me, she does. It warms my Christmas heart to see her happy if possible. If there is one moment in the course of the year that I love the most, it is watching my wife and kids on Christmas morning when we open our gifts. TLW has always been giving, sometimes practical, sometimes lavish, always lovingly to all of us. I know that that happens in all families, and I think that is a real spirit that resides in us as human beings.

This year I make a pecan and walnut bread for breakfast during the Holidays, and stuffed baked shrimp for the Christmas Eve feast at my sister’s house. Pecan bread is for #1 Son, walnut for the rest of us. Shrimp because I was assigned that dish, and so it goes.

There are no children left in the house, so there is no Santa to worry about, but without you faithful readers, I couldn’t have the time of my life doing a blog. Thanks a million. Have a great and successful week before the Holidays, and enjoy yourselves.

Need a respite from this tired old Santa? Send him a what for at; joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Tell him; “try going down the chimney headfirst.

No comments: