Friday, January 18, 2008

THE GOLD CADILLAC, OR…

HEATED BY THE SEAT OF MY PANTS!

TLW (The Little Woman) loves to be the boss of everything. When she is not, she takes over in more subtle ways.

On our nightmare ride to Sedona, from the airport in Phoenix, the temperature started to drop radically. Inside the car however, the temperature was a steady 72 degrees. This is not enough for TLW. Her comfort zone is my roasting point.

As we were driving, TLW was busy fiddling with the little buttons and dials that come with the modern Cadillac of today. #2 Son was stretched out in the back seat, asleep (thankfully) and I was busy with the road and it’s conditions.

Suddenly, my seat becomes very, very warm! “What the hell?” TLW: “My seat is cold!” Me: “Mine is HOT! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?” TLW: I can’t seem to regulate the temperature!” Me; “Why would you? The temperature is…Whoooa!! Now my ass is in a deep freeze! Manning, what are you doing??!!” TLW: “Heh heh, I can’t figure it out.” Me: “AAAAH, now it’s hotter than Hell again!” TLW: “OK, I’ll fix it.” Me: “No, just turn off everything you touched.” #2 Son: “Ma, what are you doing, it is very hot on my ass, then I’m cold, then I’m hot!”

Modern screw-ups are not just TLW’s domain, I have a history of malfeasance myself. As we stopped at this store TLW wanted to go in to buy coffee. TLW and #2 Son went in while I sat in the car and waited. The rear-view mirror caught my eye. Being curios, I wondered what all the buttons were for, particularly the red one. I tested it. TLW returns with her baby and they sit in the car. Me: “You know what I learned tonight?” TLW:” No, what?” Me: “NEVER touch this button here, (pointing to the rear-view mirror’s red button) it hooks you up to some guy called ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE AND EMERGENCY!”

Does it seem like an emergency to clean up the blogosphere? Write to; joedelbloggolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “Go lay under a truck somewhere between here and Timbuktu, for crying out loud.

No comments: