Monday, January 28, 2008

Old friends get better with age!


After we said our goodbyes to Santo and Carol, we shifted gears and headed south to Phoenix. Depositing #2 Son at the airport, we then did a little sightseeing in Old Scottsdale. This was on the recommendation of a lovely lady who happened to live in the area, by the name of Carole Sapienza. The plan was to see Old Scottsdale, check into our hotel and then meet Carole and her husband Joe for dinner.

Right on schedule she arrived, in the hotel lobby, looking as radiant as I remember her, and if possible, even nicer. I introduced her to TLW (The Little Woman) and they hit it off great.

We went to a place called: Bill Johnson’s Steak House. This was appropriate since the original Human Resource man at PCH where we both worked was named Bill Johnson!

Being how I turned into an old wussie, I can’t eat as much as I used to, so it was left for Joe Sapienza to try the 24 oz. steak. If you can finish the plate, the establishment gives you a T-shirt that reads; “I ate the big one at Bill Johnson’s Steak House.” Commenting on how that would not fly in my old neighborhood in Bellport, he promptly gave me the T-shirt for keeps.

Both Joe and Carole were made for each other. Both were very gracious and kind: let alone, a lot of fun. I think they are both getting used to Phoenix in a positive way, and will be happy there for the rest of their lives.

I was great seeing them.

No comments: