Tuesday, February 26, 2008

IT DOESN’T TAKE LONG TO SCREW IT UP

In fact, it is the first thing I did this morning. Coming down for my first cup of coffee, I go over to our new one-cup coffee brewer and see that it is in the “Off” position. Now I know TLW (The Little Woman) said to leave it on.

Being confused, I decided to turn it “On”, and pushed one unmarked button. Nothing happens, so I push another. This time the machine comes alive and starts to blink three alternating lights. The little window that is supposed to say: “Ready” is saying nothing. Not ready, or brew of hold on a second. Nothing.

I see TLW is talking to #2 Son and realize, that he is the source of the trouble, HE, turned it off. I am too old to live with my kids, I decided. He asks what’s the matter and I tell him, as I appeal to TLW for help, complaining; “Who turned it off!” Coming over to the machine, he presses a button and suddenly the dammed thing says: “OK, let’s go, brew” and “ready,” and even, what’s taking you so long?

When we say: “close it when you are done”, or “leave it running”, he doesn’t close it when he is done, or stops it from running.

We are actually grateful that he does even that, at least we know he heard SOMETHING.

Wished you never heard of this blog? Write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, and tell him; “STOP THAT’.

No comments: