Thursday, February 21, 2008

MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS


The Ronan Tynan Concert, was in itself a wonderful experience, but along with that came a nostalgic bonus. As I sat in my seat, and surveyed my surroundings, I took in all that once was, a long time ago. Sitting in perhaps the very seat from about 45 years ago, it all came back to me.

Being how the audience awaited the appearance of Mr. Tynan, the lights were all on in the theatre, so I settled in and fixed on one spot to close my eyes and remember. It all came back to me in a flood!

As I entered the balcony area along with TLW (The Little Woman) and her look alike buddy from the wanna-be bank, I mentioned to Lois that this was the arena for many a date.

My first date in that balcony was to see a movie called “The Cardinal”, which was the rage at the time, and a sore point to the Catholic Church. So, I had to see it.

I remember sitting next to Cheryl, and slipping my arm over the back of her seat where I intended to make a move, eventually. Her blond hair and cherub face made her look like a Dutch girl, and all she needed was a funny white winged hat and a windmill behind her. She had lips that were cherry red, and white alabaster skin, that almost glowed. As the movie went on, I noticed that my arm was falling asleep! Oh, No! I couldn’t move it. Do I try? Could I?

Numbness set in, (not my head, that was started already) as I tried to find some sensation in the left arm, but couldn’t. I almost thought that I should reach over with my right arm and move it. Slowly and painfully I began to try, and as I did, my arm shot straight up! I was raising my hand like I wanted to go to the men’s room! Turning her head she asked: “What’s wrong?” “Oh… I always do a little exercise when I sit, some part of my body usually gets a work out.” I whispered. “No sense in worrying about it.” She looked at me kind of funny and let it pass.

There were other “good girls” and a few “nice girls” that accompanied me to that balcony, and thank goodness, the seats can’t talk.

Need relief from the numb mindedness of this blog, wish to make a suggestion on how to cure my numbness? Write to: joedelbloccol@yahoo.com, tell him, “numbskull, how many did you interview in that balcony?”

No comments: