Friday, February 01, 2008

PLANNING A 90TH BIRTHDAY

Yesterday I began planning Mom’s birthday party. TLW (The Little Woman) had some good suggestions and I acted on them.

One of the things TLW suggested and I will do is a “Memory Book”. I’ve asked all my family to contribute just one memory of her. Thinking about it, I realize all I can remember is her hollering at me!

What do I say? The first time she yelled, “Wait till your father comes home!” Or how about: “If I get my hands on you!” or the ever popular, “Come out from: 1) under that bed, 2) the closet {I’m straight}, 3) off that fire escape,” you choose.

Maybe I can borrow from the “button incident” in church when I was about 7 years old. “Embarrass me in front of the Priest?” Maybe the incident where I stuck my tongue out at the nosey neighbors who looked out their window every moment of every day, and I yelled in Italian: “You sloppy Americans!” and my sister squealed on me, which led to the application of “Gentle persuasion” that wooden terror she used to stir her pasta and apply on my shoulders.

Maybe I can remember for her how she would try to chase me, but couldn’t quite get off the couch in the first attempt, and I would get hysterical laughing while she tried again, and tried not to laugh herself.

Boy, I have some research to do!

Need a application that eradicates this blog? Write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “hey, buzz off!”

No comments: