Saturday, February 16, 2008

WCIF & VALENTINE’S DAY REVISITED

Or, how I stay alive.

Now that I’m retired, I saw a sign for a popular restaurant called; TGIF, which as you know stands for: “Thank God Its Friday.” I thought maybe Friday is overblown in my case since I’m retired. Who cares its Friday? Thus: WCIF. This will be a feature every Friday on DelBloggolo, as part of our efforts here to bringing you only the latest, cutting edge complaining.

Being it was Valentines Day, Thursday, I decided to do what I did last year, and make a candlelight supper for TLW (The Little Woman).

Last year was a cozy kind of supper, there was a storm ragging outside our dining room, and we were comfortably ensconced inside, dining and watching the snow swirl around outside the large windows. This year, no snow, but it seemed intimate enough for me.

My menu this year was: Chicken cacciatore, asparagus in a Parmesan cheese and a balsamic vinegar tomato salad, with shallots, and banana crème pie, coffee, drinks and white wine.

I bought her flowers, and made her a Valentine’s Day card, since I am supposed to be an artist. I also got her a small box of her favorite chocolates, since she doesn’t like to eat candy much. (I hope maybe, I’m sweet enough.)

The margin of error in my married life is very wide. She is very forgiving when I screw up a recipe, as long as she can walk away under her own power, from the table.

Mystery in married life is not necessarily bad, but the only mystery in ours is what I am thinking. It is a bigger mystery to me than to her. Why I say that is I never know what I will do until I do it. The dinner menu was an example.

Mystified as to why you are reading this. Wondering why anyone in his right mind would write it? Send a mystery email to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, ask him: “WHY?????”

1 comment:

Laura L-V said...

Sounds romantic! Justin and I ate heart-shaped pizzas. Love, MFF