Sunday, March 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEL BLOGGOLO, GERARD, YET STILL

Where has the time gone? Today marks the start of the third year of DelBloggolo! Although the actual date is March 15th, there are too many dates in that time-period already being celebrated.

So, who is Gerard? I’m glad you asked. Gerard is my Niece Laurie Ann’s husband, a man for all seasons.

Tall and handsome, he occupies a special place in everyone’s hearts in my family. He’s just a good guy, with a great sense of humor. He is a maniac Jets fan, and a model father. If you need help, he is there, just like MMB (My Man Bill) my neighbor.

This past Easter Sunday, I happened to be invited to his home for dinner, and as I always do, had the pleasure once again of seeing his Dad. Joe, Gerard’s Dad is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He sits and talks to you, has a few laughs and I never heard an unkind word out of his mouth! Gerard’s Mom, Joan is a compliment to Joe, a sweetheart, who always greets me with a smile on her face. Good people through and through.

The only trouble with Gerard is his humor can torch me. Once I was featured on a TV show that explained how things are done. The show: “How Do They Do That?” dealt with my company, and there I was on the TV, and the camera panned behind me, showing my “Monk’s Do.” That’s my bald spot. (Not that I really have one.) Well, Gerard comes by one evening, said he wasn’t sure if it was me on the TV, then looks at the back of my head and says; “Oh, yes, that was you.” No one likes being the butt of a joke, but I was laughing harder than anyone else.

I look at Laurie and Gerard, and if you know them, you get tired. Why, because they are constantly in motion, skiing, cooking, partying, golfing and softball, running their kids around and entertaining their parents. Now that is just the first hour of the day.

If you type in “Laurie Ann” in the search engine that runs in the blue field at the top, a few stories that I wrote about them will come up.

No comments: