Sunday, March 16, 2008

PHONE JOCKY JOE

Being how TLW (The Little Woman) works everyday, and twice a month on Saturdays, she needs my help to maintain a open line of communication with the outside world. That is why I’m needed.

Yes, I keep her current. I am the man. Unless of course, I sleep late, then she doesn’t give me instructions. Coming home at night, she takes a cocktail, gives me a kiss and reads the mail. Like a big shot mogul, she then spits out questions in rapid fire. I better have answers. Last night I saved her the trouble.

“I called about Ellen, gave Anthony a call and left a message, and made reservations for the dog to stay at Kozy Noses for the wedding weekend.” She just looked at me, wanted to ask a question, but knew I was exhausted.

Living with TLW requires a lot of follow-up. I have to be on my toes, 24/7. No holidays. I think I mentioned once before how I don’t like to look her directly in the eye, for fear of some task. I usually slink about, hide in the bathroom or a closet, or sleep. I know when I die I will have to get in touch with someone for her, she won’t let me go in total peace.

Tax time can be more troubling, being how I have to call the tax man, my financial advisor, and usually her at her wanna-be bank. She likes to be included.

The whole day can be taxing, with no refunds!

Wish you could find a link away from this blog? Then write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him; “Go lay down with the lions, you bum”.

No comments: