Monday, March 17, 2008

TOP O THE MORN TO YA, LASSIES AND LADDIES


Irish Diplomacy...
is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.


Yes, indeed, tis a day of the wearin o the green, a taste of the ole sod, pint for ya now.

It was a dark and dreary Saturday in Dublin. Clancy’s bar was empty except for two gents who sat at the bar, and Clancy hisself, tending the lads.

Kevin, his beer in hand, turned and said to Dennis: “So tell me Laddie, you from these parts?”

“Oh, by the moors I reside.” Said Dennis.

“You don’t say!” said Kevin, “So do I!”

“And where on the road is that?” inquired Kevin.

“Oh, on Murphy near Row” countered Dennis.

“You don’t say!” said Kevin, “So do I!”

“And where do you work might I ask?” came back Kevin.

“At O’Malley’s Brewery” came back Dennis.

“You don’t say!” said Kevin, “So do I!”

Just then, the phone rang and Clancy picked up.

“Good afternoon, Clancy’s Pub.” Said Clancy.
“Oh tis quiet this afternoon. No one but the O’Brien Twins, and they be drunk as usual, bejesus.”

As for me, I have my own Irish joy. I think maybe I’ll give her a big old kiss, and say:
“HAPPY SAINT PADDY’S DAY TO ALL!”

http://www.ireland-information.com/irishmusic/anirishlullaby.shtml

This you don’t have the luck of the Irish, everytime you read this blog? Then write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com. Tell him: “Bejesue, enough already lad!”

No comments: