Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WHAT HAVE WE DONE?

35 years ago, I threw my chest out in pride. I, had a son for the first time! I had always wanted a son, and God finally came through. He gave us TLW (The Little Woman) and me a special son, one that was born with inner strength and good sense, let alone a high moral fiber. His name is Anthony, and I have looked up to him since the day he was born.

When he was little guy, like a dope I smoked. He told me not to smoke! When my daughter Ellen was having a bad evening, and I got up to move her from the table, He was about 3 or 4 at the time, jumped off his chair and stood between us, arms up palms out and said; “Daddy, don’t” So I didn’t. I was just going to move her from the table, and he thought I was going to spank her. I never spank, and I will always remember that. I don’t smoke anymore, either.

He is a lot like me. He never gives up, just plugs away when things don’t go his way. But unlike me, when they do, he the same person, just smiles more.

In spite of me as his father, he has accomplished much in his life. He doesn’t think so, and I do. Most people that know him have a high regard for him, not as high as I do. He is one of the smartest people I know, who doesn’t know everything, but will when needed.

You know you can judge a person by the company he keeps. You should meet the people he keeps company with. True friends, like The Fab Five, Steve and Christine, the Killians, and all his other friends. Yes, they are great people in my eyes. They must be to be his friend.

But where does all this come from? TLW. She taught him respect for others, decency, and good grammar. Yes, the ever-elusive good grammar. Why mention that? Well, he corrects mine from when he learned to talk! He still does.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANTHONY. Share it with your friends. I know they care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.