Thursday, March 13, 2008

YOGI, STEP ASIDE

You have all heard of “Yogisms”, those famous one-liners from the old Hall of Famer, Yogi Berra. If you haven’t, here are a few that I happen to love.

"I take a 2 hour nap from 1-4" or

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it".

"Nobody going to that place anymore because it's too crowded."

Or who could forget:
"It gets late early out there."

Q: "Yogi, what time is it?"
A: "You mean now?"

"I didn't say everything I said."

"If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."

"Bill Dickey (former Yankee catcher) is learning me his experience."

"He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."

I don't know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads

"It's like deja vu all over again."

"So I'm ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face."

"How can you hit and think at the same time?"

"The game's isn't over until it's over."

"You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours."

Why am I writing this? Glad you asked. Yesterday I got a Yogism from the most unexpected source. Walking out of the Smith Haven Mall, heading toward the parking lot while in Macy’s, TLW (The Little Woman) said: (After heavy rain all day long) “It looks like its clearing up, there is a fog out there.

! ?

Here is the scary part: I understood her!

TLW never makes those kinds of mistakes or misappropriation of words, I do!

Concerned about a misappropriation of blog space? Wish to voice your opinion about it, write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “The game is over, because its over.”

No comments: