Friday, April 04, 2008

IT DROVE ME CRAZY!


I got in the car the other day to pick up my cocker spaniel Happy from the dog groomer. I turned onto the service road of the Long Island Expressway and headed toward my turn.

Looking into my rear-view mirror, I noticed a police car behind me. I knew I was not over the speed limit, my light s were all working and I had no reason to worry, but hey, you never know.

Suddenly, smack dead in the middle of the bottom of my right foot, there was an itch! Right behind the ball of the foot, and as I write this I can almost feel it again!

The itch was becoming unbearable, and now I was conscious of the police car behind me. I couldn’t pull over because I was not in a good position to do so. The traffic was moving at a very good clip, and I needed to SCRATCH THAT SOB, real bad.

As I drove, I wiggled my toes and tried to close my foot like a hand! When we can to a light, I pressed down as hard as I could, rubbing the foot in my shoe, but still it would not go away.

The police car passes me, (must have been frustration, that I was doing the speed limit) as I have a sigh of relief. I watch him pass, follow with my eyes as he turns off, and what? NO ITCH!

Could it all have been caused because a police car was behind me?

Do you have an itch to scratch this blog away?
Then write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com. Tell him, “Hey, go scratch yourself with a broken bottle.”


PS I WILL BE IN ALBANY THIS WEEKEND WILL RETURN WITH A NEW BLOG ON MONDAY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.