Sunday, April 13, 2008

OK, I KNOW I’M GETTING OLD, BUT…


The photo is a cell phone shot of some of the Fab5 out in LA. They are MFF (My Favorite Fan, Laura), #1 Son (The Kid) Pete DaTeacher, and MinnesotaPete. Nice looking crew, No? There are no miss spellings in DelBloggololand.

I had my first senior moments for real yesterday! I actually had to call my older sister to tell me the names of some of the members of my own family.

It started when I was putting together a card for my Mother’s birthday bash, and I wanted to include all her children, grandchildren and great grand children. Included in this group are a few fiancés, boy and girl friends and of course, all the spouses that married into the family.

Well for some reason I started to draw blanks. (Actually blanks are not hard to draw, they look just like regular bullets), but I couldn’t put it in gear.

How often have I gone to complete meltdown when introducing people to others, and I forget names! “George, this is uh… ah… er MOM, yes, Mom.” Well maybe not that bad but you get my drift. Speaking of which I have drifted away from what I had intended to do, and didn’t remember until three in the morning laying awake in bed.

I would tie a string around my finger, but two things prevent that. One, #2 Son takes all the string, so I can never find any, and Two, I would forget why I have a string around my finger in the first place.

Wish I could tie the string around my neck and pull tight? Then write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com. Tell him: “I’d gladly send you some rope, if you promise to follow my instructions.”

No comments: