Thursday, April 10, 2008

OY, VAS I SICK!


I’m not Jewish, but Oy, vas I sick! It started Tuesday afternoon, while I was ripping out carpeting on the stairs and stayed with me until Wednesday evening until the 6th inning of the Mets game.

Headache, stomach disorder and a lot of joint aches and pains, coupled with a restless night of sleep made for a very unhappy DelBloggolo. Not to mention not eating. I SAID NOT TO MENTION IT!

Speaking of sleeping, there was this report on the news about some fellow who died in 2005. His wife had his cell phone recharged and added to his coffin, with a message. “Hi, this is (Whomever) I can’t come to the phone right now, but if you leave your name and number, someone will get back to you.”

Here’s my question: How the hell do you recharge the cell phone???

Talked to #1 Son last night: said he went to Disneyland, and he enjoyed it. I love to go to Disney World, and am not ashamed to admit I enjoy it too. The different pavilions and rides, the restaurants and care-free attitude make for a wonderful time.

I’m now starting my twelfth chapter of my novel, and can’t wait to see how I resolve some problems for the protagonist. My brother-in-law, the prince of Connecticut, a wannabe Poland is helping with the historical accuracy as he is a history teacher. #1 Son is helping with the enthusiasm, and some critique that I find valuable, being how he IS a writer, and not a hack like me.

Wish the sickness I had would linger? Write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “Hey, why don’t you start an Asian flu colony”

No comments: