Thursday, April 03, 2008

SAY THE RIGHT THING


You recall the Spike Lee movie; “DO THE RIGHT THING”? I am living proof that you should also say the right thing. That is if you are talking to TLW (The Little Woman), or any woman.

The other night there was a female singer on TV’s Dancing With the Stars. She was very attractive, had a great voice, and a pretty fair shape.

As I watched her prance around the stage, I was on the verge of mentioning how attractive she was. TLW was within book throwing distance, and my instincts took over.

Me: “She’s fat!” (A terrible lie)
TLW: “Yeah, she is!” (Another terrible lie)
Me: Silence (A smart move following my smart statement)
TLW- nothing but silent satisfaction.

Lesson learned from years of marriage. Either lie or keep your mouth shut.

Wish I never lied? Then write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com. Tell him, who you kidding, she was fat!

No comments: