Monday, April 07, 2008

WHEN IT COMES TO SALESPEOPLE

I can’t win! Being how I hate to go to stores with salespeople who ask: “Can I help you?” I am constantly on the lookout when I enter a store. I go with my head down and I try to avoid eye contact. I guess this must make me look suspicious, like maybe I will steal something.

There was that time at Raymore and Flannigan where TLW (The Little Woman) and I went looking for candle sticks and walk out owning new recliners. Then there was the time we went to Sleepy’s to purchase a bed board and walk out buying a new bed, mattress and all.

Once we went to a car dealership on a lark, and bought a new car. In Florida one year, we went to this open house on time-shares, because our neighbor Bud bought one and said they were great. Before we left as we always do, we promised each other: “we are only looking.” We bought a time-share.

In Arizona recently, (Sedona) we went into a local museum, and wind up purchasing a different time-share plan than we already had changed the previous day. Each time we were: “Only looking”.

I think that on my forehead is tattooed; “VIC” and TLW has: “TIM” on hers.

Feel victimized every time you read this blog? Want relief from the constant pain of loss time, and unhappy moments? Write to; joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “Wish you really were a victim, stop writing.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.