Friday, April 11, 2008

WOW, IT GOT BUSY!


It seems to me that life has gotten very busy all of a sudden! Good thing I retired because I am too busy to do anything. (?)

The month of May starts with Mom (Hello, Joe? This is your Mother) turning 90. We are throwing her a big family party at a fancy Italian Restaurant on Long Island Sound from 1 to 4 pm. We will be dragging out all we can gather for such a momentous occasion, and I need to finish her birthday card. That will be followed by a Guardianship Committee meeting I chair, then a Board of Directors meeting.

There is a wedding in Pennsylvania, for my beautiful niece Meagan, marrying a fellow named Harry. Harry was a victim of one of my practical jokes, before we ever met. I will relate that story in a blog on a later date, but it was one of my better ones. Following the wedding, the next day is another 90th birthday party for a lovely woman I’ve known for most of my married life. Her name is Mrs. Garrity, she is sweet, a wonderful Mother and a great inspiration as a parent. She raised a large family, and I can tell you, all her children are tops, wonderfully good people who contribute to this country.

There is a fund-raiser for the Sisters of Halifax, a place I’ve never been to, that will have all the Seton Hall graduates they can muster, along with spouses. Not being a graduate of Seton Hall High School in Patchogue, NY, and my fear of nuns, I find myself there with TLW (The Little Woman). My posture will be erect, I will not chew gum, and of course: “Yes Sister” or “No Sister.” I will behave.

Then it is off to Connecticut where my Nephew Marc will be tying the knot with a lovely and beautiful gal named Nichole. Marc is a wonderful guy, and like his parents, a schoolteacher. They all teach in the same area, and when they get together during the week, the local schools close down because they consider it a teacher’s conference.

Come October, I fly down to Florida, and off to the beach I go to a wedding for my handsome nephew, David, and his bride to be, Kim. See the photo? Well they ARE on the rocks, and their relationship is NOT in trouble!

Wish I would do one more thing before all this, like take a slow boat to China? Then write your suggestions to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com. Tell me, “If you are so darn busy, why do you keep writing this insipid blog? Stop it.”

No comments: