Friday, May 16, 2008

DON’T EVEN SAY: “ORNATE”

Yesterday TLW (The Little Woman) and I went to find a Persian rug for the living room floor. As we entered the store, sitting on the wall was this rug that said: “Take Me”, and all the other rugs I viewed could not do it for me as this one could.

TLW should go to one of those auctions where you bid on something just by raising your eyebrows. It seems she is the master at communicating to me what I say, without my saying it. There were about 100 rugs hanging on swinging arms that allow one to view the whole design and decide. As I go through each one, I would pause if it was something I liked because of design, or just because it was nice. Our conversation went something like this:

Her: “NO!”
Her: “I don’t like it.”
Her: Head shaking “No.”
Her: “The colors are not right.”
Me: “I didn’t say anything!”
Her: “True, but you looked at me.”

We finally decided on something, and now we have a few days to determine if we like it or not. I must be very careful how I look at it when we get it home, I don’t want to “Mis-look”.

1 comment:

Laura L-V said...

Is that Del Blog Rug for sale? That would look perfect in my apt! LL- (MFF)