Sunday, May 25, 2008

FINALLY!

It took most of the day, but the wooden railing is finally in! Mike Simone, the guy that did it, did a wonderful job! It looks super.

Mike employed a young lady with him. She was probably a college-age kid, and she did a remarkable job. Drilling the steps to put in the balustrade, she took charge and put them all in perfectly.

I must admit; she took me surprise. I didn’t expect her to be there, as I envisioning a guy, the same one that came to make sure the measurements were correct before staining the wood. I guess he was too dainty to do the hard work.

This just goes to show you why there should be women priests, umpires and mechanics. They can do anything a man can do, except carry a 250-pound person down a ladder from a burning building, maybe. It’s funny, if I was incapacitated, and a woman could save me, I would certainly accept her help. I’d probably kiss her on the way down the ladder.

To my beautiful sister-in-law, Angela: Thanks for the Sunday cartoon; it is probably close to the truth!

1 comment:

Steve Philp said...

Looks good!