Wednesday, May 07, 2008

FROM HAIR TO DEER

Yesterday I had a very pleasant lunch with TLW (The Little Woman) and my younger sister MaryAnn.

MaryAnn is one of my Mother’s favorites; she has naturally curly hair, and was named after my Mom’s Mother. That is two strikes against everyone else.

The reason for the lunch is that MaryAnn is leaving NY State and going south to Charlotte, N. C., to begin a new life. She is sick of Long Island; the high cost of everything, and may be starting a new trend away from Florida.

I personally will miss her, as I am sure all my sisters will too. Mom will be angry with her for going south. Her kids are worried about her, and think she will eventually come back.

Having lunch with these two women is a learning experience. You learn not to even try to say something, just listen, you will never get a word in edgewise; so don’t try.

I will see MaryAnn one more time on Saturday, and then Monday she is gone. The one with the natural curly hair will be down with the Caribou or deer or whatever the hell there is down there, and we will miss her happy chatter and unbroken lengthy sentences.

No comments: