Thursday, May 01, 2008

AN OBSERVATION

The other day I was watching the News when #2 Son came by.

“Do you know that the new Governor has had some extra marital affairs?”
Me: “Yes, it was all over the news.”
#2 Son: Do you know why he got away with it?”
Me; “(Suspiciously) Because he’s black?”
#2 Son: “Nooo, because he’s blind!”

Now, I have known this kid all his life, and have even been convinced by TLW (The Little Woman) that he IS really my son, so I should know better that to go where he tries to lead me.

Me: “Because he’s blind?!”
#2 Son: “Yup, he didn’t know it wasn’t his wife.”

If you are a blind, cheating husband, and you have no conscience, this is a break through of sorts, you might want to jump on this right away.

I tried to apply the logic to the deaf, like myself:

Me: “ Yeah, I saw it wasn’t TLW, but it really did sound like her. I was confused.” How would that fly? Of course, I’d be speaking from the grave by then.

Wish I’d hurry up with the grave part? Then write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “Here is a shovel, dig a hole about six feet deep, and call me when you are done.”

No comments: