Tuesday, May 13, 2008

PATIENCE IS MAKING ME PATIENT.


One of the good things about getting old is the unbelievable amount of patience I have. In my early life, the unpleasant tasks of maintaining a house and keeping it in good physical condition were done in a hurry. How I hated to paint! I still do, I’d rather wallpaper.

Actually, I’d rather sit in my recliner than do anything. But the funny thing is I looked forward to painting the stairs today, and gave it two coats!

What is wrong with me? I know, the joy of knowing I have nowhere that I have to go to in the next few days. I’m not wasting a day off from work being retired. I am getting a satisfaction from doing the work, and not rushing it.

The steps are a big project, and there are the railings to go up, and I still have to stain the trim moulding under each step, plus the fancy wooden swirly designs that go on each side of the steps. I am enjoying the planning and execution!

The biggest problem is having #2 Son going up and down the steps all day long, constantly interrupting me. Plus that stupid loud music he plays, and the slamming of his door. If there are any young ladies interested, you can have him and I’ll throw in a new computer laptop! But you have to live with him somewhere else.

Meanwhile: back to the future. I have been taking my time with each and every brush stroke. Being neat and careful, and actually enjoying myself, I’m even doing a little patchwork on the walls with the Spackle paste.

Well, maybe I’ll just paint myself into a corner.

Once again, thanks to Jo Ellen and Seth for todays cartoon.

No comments: