Thursday, May 15, 2008

PRICELESS FAULTS

Yesterday I went to Lowe’s to purchase a piece of furring strip. Got some other items and went to check out. Go to Lowe’s a lot, and you’d think I would learn by now. Bit, Noooooo!

What’s the beef? Well, let me tell you. Every time I go that madhouse with the girl with a mousey voice and a microphone, inevitably one or more items are missing a price or bar code.

So, I saunter up to the checkout counter and lay down the wood for the girl to charge me.

Her: “Is there a bar code on your end of the stick?”
I check and wave my head: “No.”
Her: What’s it called?”
Me: “Furring strip?”
She checks her computer, going to page after page. The line behind me is getting longer. I suggest she ask a fellow employer.
Her: “There’s no one to ask.”
True to her word, what just seconds ago were a large gaggle of workers now is barren of life. Not even water or weeds, nothing, no one, nada.
Her: “You know, you should have a barcode on a product when you bring it up!”
Me: “Lady, I come here to purchase your items, not do your job for you. Is it my fault that there is no bar code or price on it, or that you can’t even identify what you sell?” I smile.
Her: “Oh!”
Me: “Here is the manager, see if she knows.”
Her to her manager: “What do you call this?”
Manager to me: “Furring strip?”
Me: “YES!!!!”
Manager: “89 cents.”
Her: “Have a nice day.”
Me: “Sure.”

1 comment:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Just wait until you get one in the garden center. Sad, very very sad.