Friday, May 09, 2008

WHERE ARE WE AT?

Last night I was a passenger with TLW (The Little Woman), as we went out for a night on the town. As we were driving home, we noticed that the entranceway to the Long Island Expressway was closed. There were fences and lights set up for what one would imagine is a work crew.

We drove (she did) a little farther east and discovered each entrance ramp off the service road was closed.

I have a lot of respect for the guy that makes a living working on roads, since it means all kinds of weather. My best friend Phil works in all kinds of weather, and I admire the work ethic.

With all I just said in mind, I must ask this question:
Where the hell were they?

Entrance after entrance, all I saw was fences and lights. No workers! Do they work underground? Come on guys, if you are going to inconvenience me, at least show up. Please!

What was really annoying was the there were cars on the LIE, moving at a very fast clip, while the TLW express made stop after stop for lights on the service road.

Why wasn’t I wearing the pants last night and driving? Like I said before, mine are too ornate.

No comments: