Monday, June 16, 2008

ASPIRATION MEANS PERSPERATION


It is Saturday morning, and TLW (The Little Woman) and I are getting the yard ready for the pool guy to open our pool.

What this means is spring cleanup, the plucking out of weeds, sweeping and weeping. She is the taskmaster.

She runs the broom, I run the shovel and bag, and am a bagger.

I hope someday to by working real hard and paying attention, graduate to the sweeper. At one point, TLW has the shovel and I the broom. She immediately gives me the shovel and says: “Here, take the shovel, you aren’t ready yet for the broom.”

I comment on how efficient she is with the broom: “Wow, you can really fly with that broom!” “WHAT DID YOU SAY?”

Later that day, she informs me we are going to Lowe’s to “purchase some doorknobs for the new doors, and a new dohickey for the hole in the ground near the fence by the gate, do you know what I mean?” I respond: “Yup” (Without an idea)

We arrive at Lowe’s, get the doorknobs, and TLW says: “Now let’s go and get the dohickey.” She selects what she calls a dohickey, and we go to the cashier. A cute little blonde is about to ring us up. “Hi, do you know what this is?” says I? “No, what is it?” says the cute little blonde gal. “IT IS A DOHICKEY!” I respond.

On our way home from Lowe’s, she says: “Someone is going to have to stick his hand in the hole where the dohickey will go. We have to clean it out first.” I question the use of “We” but get the general drift of who we is. “Why a grown man!” replies TLW.

Have you ever seen a grown man cry?

No comments: