Monday, June 09, 2008

FRANKFURTER PROTOCOL

Recently on our way to Pennsylvania, we stopped at a roadside rest stop. TLW (The Little Woman) commented as we returned to the car from our rest that she noticed this young couple.

The husband had a hotdog in his hand, and his wife was sitting next to him. Handing her the hotdog he said: “This needs some ketchup!” “OK,” said the Mrs., as she dutifully got up and went to put some ketchup on his dog.

“Imagine that!” said TLW. “What is he crippled? He’s certainly big and ugly enough to do it himself!” (I get my own condiments, as you can tell.)

Gentlemen, and you guys about to be married: When you say; “I do” what you are saying is: "Life is over, as we know it." The sweet little girl you purposed to, the one that got you ketchup on your hotdog, before the engagement ring, will no longer do so. The “I do” really means: “I will now do it myself, because she ain’t moving.”

Actually, I thought that TLW would complain about things that are more meaningful; like putting ketchup on a hotdog, not the fact that the wife got up to do it. You don’t do that. It is un-American, and should be reported. Mustard on a hotdog, ketchup on a hamburger! You can put ketchup on fries, but not a hotdog.

When I explained this to TLW, she responded; “Well he could have put ketchup on his eggs, like some people I know.” (She sometimes likes to argue all day, so we do breakfast and lunch)I replied; “Have you ever seen other people put ketchup on eggs?” “Yes", she replied, "plenty of times.” “Well then", I countered, "it is OK to do so, but ketchup on a hotdog is a no no. Mr. Ahn, my design instructor in college, taught me that culinary delight.”

Don’t let me get started on eggs. The fact that YOU CAN”T EAT EGGS WITHOUT BREAD! It is disgusting. Maybe this is another blog? I’ll have to ask my sister-in-law Angela how she eats her eggs.

No comments: