Wednesday, July 30, 2008

THE BARBER OF SEVERE


Today I went for one of my infrequent hair trimmings at the local barbershop. As I waited my turn, the TV was showing a Pierce Brosnan 007 movie. Not being a big fan of James Bond, I don’t know which movie it was.

There is a car chase in a parking garage, where Brosnan jumps into the back seat of his car, and with a remote control. He drives his car! This car was built for any scenario he might encounter, including chains, steel walls and equipped with bombs or rockets.
It occurred to me, or I just fantasized what life would be like if I had a car like that.

TLW (The Little Woman): “You’re awfully close to that car!”

I hit a lever: TLW is viewing this ride from outer space.

TLW: “Watch my tires!”

I push a button; a steel ribbon suddenly covers her mouth.

You get the picture. I call it wife proofing the passenger seat in the front. Mind you, this is only a fantasy, and may or may not hold true.

Just think of the harmony and peace I could bring to the long car drives where I use the QPS AND TLW! When the QPS gets to nagging me, I just pull the plug. When TLW gets bossy, I hit a lever or a button, instant silence! Then I’d play “Glory Days”. And sit back and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the ride until TLW reads this because then you will be walking!

A concerned relative.