Friday, July 04, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!


If you wake this morning to a bang, it’s a holiday in your country, unless of course you live in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Today we will celebrate at a neighbor’s house, the Hood getting together to make our own fireworks. I will have to avoid the Mexican stuff; it landed me on my arrears a couple of years ago.

It seems every year; the fireworks go off around 6:00 PM, while it is still early and daylight. Whenever that happens, it reminds me of those mornings when I’m hungry and eat lunch at 11:AM. I feel like things are being rushed. Unlike my early lunches, the fireworks go into the late night, so it gets noisy.

Throughout my years of education, I have often heard how our Forefathers were so farsighted in their thinking, creating the Constitution as a formidable instrument of governance. What the historians failed to recognize, and you will hear about it for the first time on this blog; the Declaration of Independence, was created in a heat wave. Their thinking was that; someday, air-conditioning will be invented, and you will be able in your old age, to turn it on at night, and tune out the explosive firework noise, and sleep!

GOD BLESS AMERICA, and God bless air-conditioning.

IT IS STILL THE BEST DARN COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE DARNED WORLD!

No comments: