Wednesday, July 09, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TLW!

Yes, today is TLW’s birthday. (The Little Woman’s).

I remember it vividly. I would pick up the receiver on my desk and place a call to Mobile Oil, get an extension and a sexy voice would answer. “Miss Manning”, was the response on the other end. There never was anything that was important for me to say, I just loved the sound of her voice.

38 years later, I still love the sound! It is as special to me today as it must have been to her parents, 39 years ago when she was born. (I’m trying to gain points here, work with me.)

There is never any fanfare about TLW. She just exists in her mind. If she could be inside my head, she would hear a different story. First the sound of joy when I first see her, then the sigh of relief that I found her, is what makes the noise in my mind. I think of myself as a lucky man, everyday of my life.

She has been a wonderful Mother to my kids. She worries about them equally, loves them the same, lives and dies for them like they are one.

As a wife, she gives me a sense of being special. She doesn’t laugh at all my bad jokes, isn’t loud or boastful, and never, ever shamed me. TLW, throughout our married life has always pleasantly surprised me. Her thoughtfulness goes beyond my ability to explain it; her kindness is to give to others, never thinking about her.

She has one flaw though. She is always cold. July, August, September, cold, cold, cold! We still have the winter blankets on our bed, but who cares, as long as she is there, or somewhere in the house, I am a contented man.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: