Monday, July 21, 2008

HOW HOT IS IT?


It is so hot, a dog was chasing a cat down my street, and they where walking!

That is HOT!

It promises to be brutal today, temps way up into the 90’s, and humidity about the same. It is too hot to even write this. However, we do have AC, and a pool to ease up on the complaints, but I will anyway, for anyone who doesn’t have at least AC.

My dog just sleeps all day, and I just sit in a pool lounge and float all day, dozing off and thinking about dinner. That is all there is to do when you don’t want to move in this humidity. I do plan my next chapter for my novel, getting involved in the conversations that will occur.

When I was growing up in Brooklyn, we would get a wrench and go onto the street and turn on the “Johnny pump” or fire hydrant. Then the police would come, we would shut it off and wait for them to leave, then; on it went again.

Sleeping on the linoleum floor was the only option when we were too poor for AC, and all we could afford was a small oscillating fan.

We lived on the top floor, flat roof and tarred so that it got very, very hot. In the winter, it was very, very cold. Not only were we on the top floor, we were next to an alley, which although made for a lighter apartment than others, was always exposed to the weather elements.

Tomorrow I have to put chemicals in the pool and use the robot to clean it. That means I’ll pick up my Daughter from her group home, wait for my Nephew Chris, (The Macaroni Man) to come and watch the game.

No comments: