Monday, July 07, 2008

JULY 7TH, A SPECIAL DAY


It was 62 years ago today. A young War Hero, a member of General Patton’s Army had just returned from his tour in war torn Germany to marry his girlfriend of over 4 years.

The church was decorated in flowers and the perfumes of women who attended the ceremony. The organ began to play the Bridal March from Lohengren, and the stage was set.

Suddenly from in the back of the church, the big massive doors swung open, and in walked a lady with a small baby.

People paid little attention to the fact, everyone was riveted on the action at the altar. A man and woman were about to join in holy wedlock.

Apparently, the baby didn’t care. It had something to say, and it was going to say it. Granted the vocabulary for such a young tot was limited. The kid was only one year and one day old! But say it, he did!

“WHAAAAAAA, WHAAAAAA, WHAAAAA!

The little bastard was I! I was ruining my Aunt and Uncle’s wedding! To this day; I remember to acknowledge the event as I will call my 85 year old Aunt to apologize, once again!

No comments: