Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SHARING THE CAKE!


Today in history is a very important date! It is the day that God gave us two for the price of one cake! I speak of course of Maureen and Angela, two 39 year olds that share a birthday.

Maureen is TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) sister. She has been in the forefront of making people’s birthdays special. She has made mine special, year after year. Electronic greetings and hand made cards. Above is an example of her last card to me. Maureen has made all the kids in the family her own. That is just the way she is.

Angela is TLW’s brother Dennis’ wife. Born in Utica, she is currently blending her Utican accent with “Y’alls” down in Virginia. Be it Virginia or Utica, or even Mars, she will span the distances and remember you on your birthday. When I had my heart by-pass, she remembered me almost everyday, cheering me up with her thoughtfulness and kindness.

Being a woman with a birthday, most would not want to be reminded. I remind them not of their ages, but their ageless beauty and kindness of heart.

Happy Birthday ladies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joe.
Love,
s-i-l Angela