Friday, July 11, 2008

WHY?


Why is it that whenever I turn on the TV to amuse myself for just a few moments, I always get commercials, or I want the score, that the game is in a commercial break?

How come every time I put on my car radio to get a little entertainment, sure enough, a commercial that goes on too long, followed by a half a dozen more?

Why is it that every time I approach a long traffic light that is green, it turns red just as I get there?

Why on the same token, while at a light that is red, and it is a very short light on green, it changes, the car in front of me takes forever to move, and it turns red on me!

Why, Oh why does every family function I plan outdoors rains on me, and is hot and muggy?

When will I get on a line at a bank or grocery store that is not backed up because somebody in front wants to dispute their receipt, pay a few hundred dollars worth in pennies that they count out, or want to see the manager?

How is it that every time I have an urge for a lobster dinner, the darn place has a two-hour wait?

Will I ever find what I’m looking for?

I get on the local road in a hurry to go to an appointment, when I get behind a little yellow school bus, which stops in front of a house. It sits there for 20 minutes while no one comes out, decides to leave?

I go to a local library to concentrate on something. A lady brings in her screaming brat, who then screams the whole time I’m there.

I could go on, but you probably have your own you could add.

No comments: