Thursday, August 21, 2008

I’LL TAKE A QUARTZ OF GRANITE, PLEASE!


I was surveying the top of my kitchen counter, about 40 square feet, and noticed it is about 12 years old and showing its’ age. Where two sections meet, the seam is starting to separate, so TLW (The Little Woman) and I decided to look at new counter tops, and make a decision.

Going to 4 different places, they all gave me bad news! I, (this is me), has to take off the old counter top, remove the sink and they, (meaning the countertop people) will come and template the job. THIS MEANS NO COUNTER TOP IN THE KITCHEN, NO SINK, AND; ME (That is I), WILL HAVE ANOTHER PROJECT ON MY HANDS!

Making a selection proved difficult! You have to go with what you have, not what you think you have. Going out on the fly, with all that is available in color and materials, it is best to do your homework, and ask for advice where you can.

The colors range from black to white, from specks to swirls, from Formica to granite, and quartz, and all kinds of man made materials in between.

After visiting four places and viewing all they had to offer, I decided to go home, and study the situation better. What I found out amazed me! Both TLW and I were way off base! We were thinking light top, when we took in the floor, cabinets and area size, dark was better!

I must say though, the granite is the best looking. I have special plans for the splashing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just don't take anything for granite.
ACM