Saturday, September 20, 2008

BURIED TREASURE


One of the good things about cleaning up is that I saved to begin with. What does that mean? It means I find things long ago missing, nice stuff that I thought I had, thought I never had, or thought I should have. All along, I had it!

Gets confusing, I know, but think about it. What ever happened to that old tuna sandwich? HERE IT IS, UNDER THE PILE OF GREEN STUFF GROWING, WHICH BY THE WAY, I NEVER EVER WATERED. Talk about a green thumb.

I have found old memos, letters, booklets, photos, business cards from 1970, pamphlets and brochures that I have never read. What did I do with the stuff? I put it into a new pile for future reading. I just know that someday I’m going to carve out some time to read it.

If you look at the bookshelves, there are countless program instructional books for programs I have long ago stopped using because of their antiquity, but figure if anything happens to my newer program, I will have a backup. I even keep old hardware to run the old software. I mean, how would I ever run the backup software without it? Try explaining THAT to TLW (The Little Woman).

I have books that date to pre-college days!

In fact, I have underwear and ties from the 1960’s!

Maybe it is all sentimentality on my part.

Remember to pray for Anita and Joan

No comments: