Wednesday, September 17, 2008

THE DAZE OF WHINE AND NOSES


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NIECE LAURIE, WHO JUST TURNED 21 AGAIN!

TLW (The Little Woman) took me to a new mega market yesterday to join. We already belong to COSTCO, did belong to SAM’s, and now BJ’s. This folks completes the Holy Trinity of mega marts, for TLW.

As we cruised through the massive building, TLW started to compare prices with other stores including COSTCO. She complained about how some items were cheaper in WALMART’s than BJ’s, and as we entered the final ½ mile of perusing, declared: “Well this worked out, I didn’t put one thing in the basket!” Famous last words that always haunt me. “Well, I can use this, they gave me a introductory coupon, and I can use that, I can never find it in Costco.” Said TLW. That led of course to other items, with and without coupons, and the carnage began.

By the end of the cruising, I couldn’t even move the darn basket!

There is a lesson in this, boys and girls: Don’t count your empty basket until you are safely in the parking lot.

To me, the biggest problem with BJ’s is: THERE IS NO FOOD SAMPLING GOING ON! I actually had to go home for lunch! I didn’t get a chance to savor the smells of the little chicken and/or pasta samplings, there was NO desserts sampling going on, DERE WUZ NUTTEN!

Remember my pals Joan and Anita. Thanks

No comments: