Friday, September 19, 2008

DO WHAT?

The dinner was delicious, the crowded room was filled to capacity and all was well. The representatives of Merrill Lynch were giving their presentations, the ups and downs of the market, the man from Lincoln Financial Group did a banged up job as did the young fellow from John Hancock, doing their bit of annuities, and dessert was on the horizon.

Behind the screen was a large set of windows that over looked the view of beautiful Lake Ronkonkoma.It was hard to pay attention with the sun going down behind the lake and trees. The sky was a fiery red, and cast its reflection on the surface of the lake!

TLW (The Little Woman) and I attended by an invitation from our man from Merrill, Ed Costello, to attend his seminar on financial planning. Ed was feeling confident and being an honest man, had every reason to be so. He gave a compelling and informative presentation and the food was fabulous.

Suddenly, Ed came over to my table and whispered in my ear. I thought he asked if I enjoyed the presentation and I said: “Yes.” He grasped my shoulder in thanks and returned to the front of the room. As Ed walked back to the front, I thought how strange that was that he would ask me that. Then, before he could say a word, I felt impending disaster.

Ed: “Now I would like to ask a client of mine, Mr. Joe Del Bloggolo say a few words about Merrill Lynch.”

HE HAD ASKED ME TO MAKE A LITTLE PRESENTATION ON THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT!

Fortunately, I was able to recover without notice, and if I don’t say so myself, got a rousing round of applaud form the attendees!

TLW, on our way home inquired how long Ed and I had planned my little speech. When I informed her that it was only the last moments before I gave it, she didn’t believe me. I told her, I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ED ASKED! I am deafer than a doorknob, with only slightly more intelligence. It wasn’t all bull like the Merrill Lynch logo!

Please say a little prayer for Joan and Anita, thanks

No comments: