Friday, September 12, 2008

THE EAGLET HAS LANDED!


I pulled in front of the arrivals section of the airport yesterday around 11:30 AM, and peered into the distance. I was on a mission to bring my baby-sister MaryAnn, to her daughter’s Annmarie’s home. Little Sis was visiting for a few days and needed a ride to get to her daughter’s house.

Peering into the distance, I pulled over to the curb in front of the main terminal and waited. As I did, a security man about 90 was patrolling the area. He noticed me waiting and start to walk slowly toward my car, indicating in an almost cryptic manner that I should move along. The closer he got, the more noticeable his ‘twitch’ became. Oh, I knew what he wanted, but being a pain, I decided to wait for him to walk the whole distance before I left. I know he has a job to do, especially on 9/11, It wasn’t that I’m mean, its’ that he had a nasty look on his face! Did he need to be nasty to begin with? Me, I did the old geezer a favor, he got in some exercise.

As I moved away, I noticed my Sister, all spiffy in her uniform, she is now an airline stewardess. Funny, she was always “bossy”, now she looks the part. Actually, when I pulled up I thought: “OK Mr. Security Big Shot, look who I picked up! She can kick your ass!”

I’m proud of MaryAnn, she did things that others dream about having courage to do. She had a plan and did it! She is a tad over 39, and became an airline stewardess! My baby sister! I’m proud.

PS, she can kick my ass too!

No comments: