Friday, September 26, 2008

THE END OF SUMMER


When I was going to college, then working, I often heard the song: “See You In September.” By the Happenings.
They played the song at the end of the summer, every year, and I could never understand it. They should have played it in June! Or am I crazy?

I'll be alone each and every night
While you're away, don't forget to write

Bye-bye, so long, farewell
Bye-bye, so long

See you in September
See you when the summer's through
Here we are (bye, baby, goodbye)
Saying goodbye at the station (bye, baby, goodbye)
Summer vacation (bye, baby bye, baby)
Is taking you away (bye, baby, goodbye)

Have a good time but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will I see you in September
Or lose you to a summer love
(counting the days 'til I'll be with you)
(counting the hours and the minutes, too)

Bye, baby, goodbye
Bye, baby, goodbye
Bye, baby, goodbye (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
Bye, baby, goodbye (bye-bye, so long)

Have a good time but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will I see you in September
Or lose you to a summer love
(I'll be alone each and every night)
(While you're away, don't forget to write)

See you (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
In September (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
I'm hopin' I'll
See you (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
In September (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
Well, maybe I'll
See you (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
In September (bye-bye, so long, farewell)


Being how I hate the summer, the welcoming breezes of September were a contrast to behold from the heat and humidity of New York summers.

It seemed like a second spring to me. Starting a new school year, the books were new, the clothes were new and the attitude was the same old attitude: Back To Work. I liked the challenges of the fall, and before you knew it, it was Christmas! Christmas was that magical time of the year when we all got together to have my favorite meal, the traditional Christmas Eve Fish dinner.

It seems that the sun is more intense in the early fall. There is a snap in the air, and the nicest days come about. Sunny, warm, and dry, until mid October when it starts to rain.

My appetite starts to get better as does my energy level, I do a lot more around the house because I feel good, and the weather becomes more invigorating.

I know, that a lot of you enjoy the summer, the gardening, the out door cooking, and going away on a vacation or two, but negotiating the ac, the heat of the car, running into an air-conditioned store and out into the blazing mid day heat and humidity is no fun.

I hate sleeping in the ac at night. The next morning you wake up cooled off, you step into the hot shower and dress, then you start to built up a sweat as the humidity of the day starts to increase. Ugh!

Please remember Joan and Anita, and all those that are ill and suffering.
Thanks.

No comments: