Thursday, September 04, 2008

A MIRACLE!


It was early this morning. The sun was rising and early morning peacefulness was suddenly shattered! Happy, my pain in the ass cocker spaniel was barking up a k-9 storm, jumping up on the door and very agitated. What was wrong??

As I walked out the door, on my way to get some breakfast, there it was in front of me! The strangest thing I had ever witnessed! My neighbor the lovely Carole, was walking down the street toward her house. She was smiling and almost dancing! BUT HER FEET WERE NOT TOUCHING THE GROUND! Something like Jesus walking on water!

Staring in amazement, I looked up at her. (She was very high in the air) In a singsong voice she said: “They’re gone! Off to school”, and something about there really being a God!

So boys and girls, if there is a lilt in YOUR step, a perpetual smile on your face, and giddiness about you, then you too have school age children. We salute you, we who have raised our younguns, and withstood the harsh realities of summer vacation, and the joy of back to school fever.

No comments: