Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AN OPEN LETTER


Dear Readers,

This is a summer that tries my soul. First: A good friend Anita with cancer, then my cousin passed away, then a dear friend of the family. This weekend I got more bad news! My brother-in-law Tom has an older sister named Joan. Joan is a woman that everyone loves to see in my family. There is no one who doesn’t love Joan.

Joan has been diagnosed with cancer!

Joan has two children and grandchildren. She lost a wonderful husband named Don a number of years ago, but found another wonderful man named Ernie. She is living a happy life with Ernie, and Ernie deserves a wonderful gal like Joan.

Joan needs our help. She needs our prayers and best wishes. She also needs to go to Boston for a second opinion. If you don’t believe in prayer, invoke what you do believe in, and hope she goes to Boston, otherwise, pray she does.

In 1986, when the Boston Red Sox lost the World Series to the New York Mets, she graciously endured my ribbing her. Being a class act, she could not be any other way. She took my stupid jokes and laughed with me, after she initiated the conversation! I suspect that that is how she is. A soft-spoken kind woman, who offers so much by her presence, needs us to pray for her. I would ask to pray for you too, if God Forbid you needed it.

She and I share something. We are the God Parents of my beautiful niece Katie. That made it even more special for me.

I will put up everyday, a small reminder to all of us that she needs our help. It doesn’t cost you anything, is an unselfish act but it IS the greatest gift you could give.

I don’t want a world without you, or without Joan.

Thanks.

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/24943/1/

No comments: