Thursday, September 18, 2008

PATHETIC ATTEMPTS

Better, I should try to find a cure for the common cold than try to clean my studio! It has become a breathing ground for memos, letters, notes, books and computer software, let alone computers.

Last year at this time I tried to fool myself into thinking; I could clean up the mess. All I did was make more room for more mess, but nice piles of mess. When I worked, I never had a messy office. People would stop by and comment on the lack of disarray, and say how neat it was.

Now I have more projects going on, requiring more paper and information than I hoped to ever have to deal with. The mail is the biggest culprit, a daily bombardment of letters and info from organizations and research I do.

What I need, now that I’m retired, is another wife. (God help me). Another wife would strictly attend to the clutter that is enveloping me, threatening to suffocate me. She would be, The Bossy Woman (TBW).

Of course, this has a down side. She would compare notes with The Little Woman (TLW). I also fear how I would be referred to at that point.

TBW: “Tell what’s his name to try to keep the studio neat.”

TLW: “Please, that’s your job, now, you’re getting the big bucks.”

TBW: “Yeah, but you get all the anniversary presents!”

TLW: “Hey, I’m married to him 24/7, you get to get away from him 9 to 5, except when I’m off on weekends, then it’s 9 to 7 on Thursdays and Fridays.”

TBW: “DAMN, I knew this was a bad idea.”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NEPHEW DAVID, WHO GETS MARRIED NEXT MONTH!

Try to remember my friends Anita and Joan, they need your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two words........CONTAINER STORE!!!!

From your Itialian S-I-L