Monday, September 15, 2008

WHAT HATH SEPTEMBER WROUGHT?

Birthdays! Yes, birthdays all over the place. First my Dad, on the 9th, then TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) Dad’s on the 12th, then I hear the 14th, my future Niece Kim’s, my Nice Niece Laurie Ann (sounds so melodious!) on the 17th, then on the 18th, my nephew David, who marries Kim on October 12th.

January is a cold month!

I guess every family has a month where there are plenty of birthdays. Actually, in my family the month of March is another. Two sisters, Theresa and Joanne, a niece named Jennifer, my two children: Ellen and #1 Son, Anthony, my Irish nephew Gerard and my best man Phil and his lovely wife Linda.

No excuses for July!

Then in July, TLW’s family picks up the torch. With my beautiful sister-in-laws Sara, Angela and Maureen, and there is someone else, but I can’t remember who it is.

November starts the cool-off season!

Pleasantly, the next wedding in October forms a treat for the family. Kim, my future Niece will join the clan, and already is being embraced by all of us. Being a classy kid, she seems to fit into the scheme of things very well. Not only is she beautiful (I have competition now) she is smart. What really amazes me is I haven’t scared her away yet! But I happen to think she will be a great member of the family. MY NEPHEW BETTER TREAT HER RIGHT, OR ELSE!

Her only drawback is she is too thin. (Another bit of competition for me) She needs to eat! But that is probably David’s fault, he steals things off her plate when she is not looking.

No comments: