Sunday, October 19, 2008

BLOOD LEVELS


Opposites attract, or so they say. I have been opposite TLW (The Little Woman) for over 37 years now.

TLW is left-handed; I am right-handed. She likes bacon with her eggs; I like sausage. She likes Law and Order programs; I like shows that defy conventional protocol.

TLW is ALWAYS cold, I, on the other hand am always hot. In fact, she takes the comforter off the bed for just one week in August, and then back on it goes. I can sleep with the windows open in January.

TLW is a woman of peace. God and church is her forte. I on the other hand am a man of piece. A piece of cake, a piece of candy, and I like to watch football on Sundays.

TLW likes things to be the same, safe and familiar. I like to shake it up once-in-a-while. She likes to stay home and watch TV since she started working. I like to go out and do something, since I retired.

When it comes to cooking, she doesn’t like to fuss, I do. She likes scotch; I like bourbon. And so, the differences go on.

In the 37 years we have been married, she has never downplayed my preferences; I hope I have never downplayed hers. The interesting thing is we make sure that we each respect the preferences of the other.

There are some things we agree on: types of vacations and restaurants, Types and styles of foods, and an overall conservative lifestyle. I guess the differences don’t outweigh the preferences so much as they compliment them. I would think that if she were too much like me, she would be boring!

But I must say, she has the most kissable lips, and sexy phone voice I ever heard! Her uncle once remarked she had an angelic face! She does, but she can scares the Hell out of me.

Please remember my pals Joan and Anita. Thanks, it’s good to think about someone once-in-a-while, even strangers. I’m sure you will be paid back.

1 comment:

Laura L-V said...

Awww! This is a cute post!!