Friday, October 03, 2008

LIKE A LION ON AN ANTELOPE’S BACK


Having had a bad night because of my arm hurting so much, I barely managed to get through my shower and dressed. Coming down stairs, I notice no sound coming from the TV! Usually, TLW (The Little Woman) sits and watches the news.

Now, before I go further, let me state that my TV, Tivo, DVD Player, and cable box all have their own separate remote. To add more confusion, we purchased a universal remote that operates most of the junk. But it wasn’t enough. We decided to get a set of wireless speakers to add to the wires behind the TV. When working, the transmitter that sits next to the TV has a blue light on, as do the two speakers.

Not feeling alive or interested in life, all I wanted was a cup of coffee. But I noticed the TLW was at the height of alertness.

TLW: “The speakers aren’t working!”
Me: Picking up a newspaper with a cup of coffee in my hand, “Oh!”
TLW: “Yes, the transmitter’s blue light isn’t on.”

TLW spends the next half hour checking speaker wires, input settings on the TV, different volume controls on all the remotes, and still no luck.

The modern world of electronics was winning, and I didn’t give a darn. All I wanted was coffee. I wanted to read the paper and take the moment slowly.

NOT TLW!

Now not to sound vulgar, but TLW is not composed of blood. No, she is composed of piss and vinegar! Like a mountain lion on an antelope’s back, she tore into the problem. Testing every remote and their settings. Finally, she played with the sound settings and discovered that someone (#2 Son) had accidentally hit a button that caused the speakers not to work.

As she leaves for work, I thank her for her troubles.

“No problem.” She said.

Sure, she just loves to meet electronic challenges.

Remember my pals Joan and Anita, just a little prayer.

No comments: