Thursday, October 02, 2008

WHAT’S THE BIGGER PAIN?


My doctor’s appointment fell through. I called for an appointment last Saturday, and the gal on the phone gave me Monday at 12:30.

I show up, after spending the whole weekend in pain and announce myself to the desk. She says: “Who?”

I think this is no time to play out some catchy phrase. I repeat myself, and she looks puzzled. She starts to look at her appointment book, a frown covering her face, She asks for assistance. Another genius comes over and checks, no dice.

“Did we confirm the appointment? You know we usually confirm the appointment the day before.”

I say: “I made the appointment on Saturday, Sunday I went to church. You didn’t leave a message on the machine. Today is Monday, just like you said. In fact, I’m early!”

“Well we can’t make it until Thursday at 2:00 PM.”

“HOW DO YOU MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, AND NOT RECORD IT? I’M IN PAIN, THIS IS ADDING TO IT!”

Gee, I’m sorry, but that is the earliest we can fit you in.”

“Maybe you should check next year’s calendar, maybe that is where she put it.” I took an appointment card and walked out.

Dumb Asses!

Please remember my buddies Joan and Anita.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: